Friday, May 30, 2008

Goo Throwing, Sub-Consciously Trying to Get Fired...

Well, this blog post is going to be more about me me me me since this is supposed to be a microscopic look at me taking a shot at the indies.  In the spirit of the guys at Internet Business Mastery who recommend to "just do it" I have started this blog in the past two weeks.  My reasoning is that I since I am learning about this topic I might as well immediately start applying the principles I am learning.  So, that is one of the biggest reasons that this blog exists - its a bit of goo I am throwing at the wall and hoping it will stick.  At the very least, I will get myself into the habit of blogging and otherwise doing the things you need to do to be "it" on the web.

Of course, I do this stuff at work - but corporate do-nothingery does not really generate an audience or interest.  Who can blame people, if you can read a blog about your work and like you are lucky.   Where I work, we are not there - even if the actual work can be interesting at times.   + SharePoint will kill all but the most interesting of topics.

Speaking of work, I've been in this mindset lately of self-destructiveness at work.  Sabotaging myself.  This is something I need to keep in check, but it is tough to work at my type of job without being engaged in it...  As corporate as it is, I need to be innovative to keep things going and to keep myself sane.  Right now, all my energy is being applied to the potential new business.

But, creating bad feelings at my current job is not fair or even a good idea for me.  Things will come to a head in the next year though because I have stopped learning there (very bad sign for me).  But, I am thinking that maybe it would be better for me to transition away from my current job as a consultant (prob be a better deal for them anyway).  This would would give me the freedom of place (and some of time) as I try to develop a business.  + it would ensure some kind of cash flow for me as well as keep there critical systems maintained (and hopefully transitioned).

Anyway, just some thoughts from a deck in Pennsylvania inspired from some incredible summer weather.

No comments: